Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dinosaur Land

The museum in Vernal is open. I thought I'd have to wait much longer.



There used to be one wall of a museum that was a hillside where actual digs were going on. The hill was full of dinosaur fossils. There is another museum there where they have life-size dinosaurs like those at the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park in Ogden, Utah. You can go to http://www.dinoland.com/ more information and pictures. I understand quite a bit has changed since I have been but I still want to take the children. I think they'd really enjoy the dinosaur gardens were there are life-sized statues of several dinosaurs.


Dinosaurs seem to be a big thing here. There is the park in Ogden, the Museum of Ancient Life at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, and Dinosaur National Monument in Northeastern Utah. Utah Field House of Natural History State Park Museum has life-size dinosaurs. Their dinosaur gardens was a favorite of mine when I was little. I still have the souvenirs I bought there when I was younger. I can hardly wait to take my children there.

No comments: