Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sunday Birthday Party

My brother died when he was 18. On Sunday, August 1, 2010, my brother would have been 40 years old. My mother wanted to celebrate his life on his birthday this year. We had cake and ice cream in Mueller Park Canyon. There is a nice little covered patio with tables and some stairs down to the creek. I'd never been there before but my uncle said it was old when he was young. He's in his 60's. I think everyone had a nice time. My sister wanted us to bring photos of him. I didn't take many pictures those days. Thanks to my digital camera a take many more now. I can remember one photo I did take and wish I could find it. My parents house had a small wall enclosing the porch. I took a picture of my brother jumping off that wall (it was forbidden of course but we did it anyway). He was a Star Wars fan as many were at the time. He was a fantastic artist. There are just boxes full of his art. One was so cute and humerous, we even had T-shirts made from his drawing. Happy Birthday Big Brother. We miss you.





No comments: