Monday, December 22, 2008

Busy Weekend-ish

I said weekend-ish because Friday isn't actually a part of the weekend, but Friday is when my weekend started. We had a family Christmas party for my side of the family. We had a potluck and the children exchanged gifts. No pictures, I forgot my camera.

Saturday, we celebrated my son's 10th birthday with all his friends. None of them were on time and one came 1/2 hour before the party ended. And I forgot to take a picture of the cake. I did get pics of the party but none of my son alone and I won't post pics of other children without permission.

Saturday night we had a Christmas party at my sister-in-laws house for my husbands side of the family. His parents didn't come cuz they were sick. My brother-in-laws family didn't come because they forgot so their children weren't home. My husband suggested not going because no one else was coming and now he knows why we don't plan stuff like this for his side of the family. We were late but we did show up. The children made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Then Santa and Mrs. Clause came and handed out gifts to the children. They were really late and I felt jipped. (Is that even how its spelled?) Okay, I was disappointed but it really was fun.

Sunday, we had a party for the family to celebrate my son's birthday even though he hasn't had it yet. I invite my mother and father in law but not the rest because they never come anyway so I just quit. I guess my brother-in-law felt bad so I called him and gave him an official invitation. My sister-in-law thought it was more important to play her Nintendo than come so I have just proven my point as to why they are never invited. Anyhoo, he is on a Bakugan thing so I didn't get him any for his birthday (I saved them all for Christmas). He did get some from my sister, my sister-in-law on my side, and his grandma so he was happy. I am also happy to report that my husband did not give in and give him any presents early. He has a hard time waiting. Sometimes I think he is more excited than the children.

1 comment:

Svr said...

Sorry you were disappointed. We hardly ever do anything like that for those reasons. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DSp!!!!!