Friday, March 26, 2010

Favorite Meals

I think my mom said she found this in the paper or a magazine when I was young. It was one of our families favorites. When I was young, I ate them with plain lemon juice. Now, I prefer the Tangy Butter Sauce. Serve with a salad or other vegetable and Karl's Cobbler a la Frying Pan
Cheesy Tuna Muffinlettes
2 c cooked rice (we use white)
1 c shredded cheese (can use lowfat)
1 can tuna
1/2 c chopped olives (I slice in 3thirds)
1 TBSP instant chopped onion
1TBSP parsley flakes
1/2 tsp Season-All salt
2 eggs
2 TBSP milk
Combine all Spray 6 muffin cups. Divide mis and bake at 375f for 15 minutes. Serve with lemon juice or tangy butter sauce.
Tangy Butter Sauce
1/4 c melted butter (1/2 stick)
1TBSP lemon juice
1/2 tsp Season-all salt1
/2 tsp parsely flakes
Mix, spoon over muffinlettes

This is called Karl's Cobbler a la Frying Pan because it's the only thing I remember my dad making when I was younger. I have also used peach pie filling before. I'm sure other filings would be fine too.
Karl's Cobbler a la Frying Pan
1 can cherries or 1 qt. peaches (we always canned our own peaches)
1 TBSP. quick tapioca
1/2 c sugar (if not using cherries)
Heat to boiling in oven-safe skillet. (We use a cast iron pan.)

Biscuit
1 c. biscuit mix
1 TBSP sugar
1/4 cup milk
Mis. Drop in 6 mounds in different places on top of fruit. Bake in 425F oven 20-30 minutes or till brown. Serve hot, topped with ice cream or whip topping (or serve plain).

No comments: