Friday, July 18, 2008

FHE for July 21

I know I have issues having Family Home Evening every week. I will post the FHE lesson we will be having every week. I know that would help me and hopefully it will also help those who need some inspiration. Ideas are always welcome. Post your ideas and lets inspire each other.

Because I am in Utah, I decided to do my FHE on Pioneers.

Scripture: D & C 136:1-11
Song: The Strength of a Pioneer
Going to review personal ancestry from both sides of the family who were part of the gathering to Zion. Did you know it took 40 years to build the Salt Lake Temple?
Poem: Our Pioneer Heritage by Sheldon L Anderson
Game: Pin the Nose on the Pioneer (Finch Family Games) or Pioneer Bingo
Refreshments: Johnnycakes (a fav. of Joseph Smith Jr.)
Johnnycake
3 c cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP molasses
3 c buttermilk
2 well-beaten eggs
Stir together the dry ingredients. Slowly stir in molasses and buttermilk. Mix well. Add beaten eggs and beat hard for two minutes. Pour into shallow, well-greased pans and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.

No comments: