Wednesday, December 10, 2008

M&M Christmas Story

In case you don't know, I teach Sunday School at my church every other Sunday, 12 going on 13 year olds. I call them my "kids". I wanted to do something special for them for Christmas. This is what I've decided to do. Attached to a package of M&M will be this poem.
As you hold these candies in your hand
and turn them, you will see....
The M becomes a W, an E, and then a 3.
They tell the Christmas story it's one I'm sure you know.
It took place in a stable a long, long time ago.
The E is for the East where the star shone oh so bright.
The M is for the Manger where the baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the Wiseman bearing gifts, they say they came.
W is for Worship, HallelujahPraise to His name.
So as you eat these candies or share them with a friend,
Remember the meaning of Christmas,
It's a Love story that never ends.

5 comments:

Tootsie said...

how cool is that! where did you get this idea? I never in a million years would have used candies for this story!
you go girl!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I have never heard of that! Very cool! Thanks for sharing it!

Momof3 said...

Tootsie, how I wish I can take credit for it. It's been floating around this area for at least 2 years. I love the poem and spirituality of something as simple and M&Ms. Thanks to both of you for your wonderful comments.

Phoebe @ GettingFreedom said...

That is the coolest thing ever! I teach 4yo's at our church for Sunday School. I was just thinking about what to do for them this Christmas..
I must do this! Thank you so much! :)

Lisa Noel said...

I love this. Hope its ok but I shared the idea and a link to your blog on my blog!! Hope you have a blessed Christmas!!!