Wednesday, January 13, 2010

50 Years

My parents have been married for 50 years. They were married January 12, 1960. They raised 4 boys and 3 girls. They went through losing a son and grandson. They are the most wonderful people I know. We (their children) threw a party for them last night. We had about 75 guests. I cannot post pictures of the party guests because I don't believe in posting pictures of others without their approval. But here is one of my parents.


I made a DVD slide show of their last 50 years. I finished it just before I have to leave. It didn't want to play on my sisters lap top but I finally was able to get it work. My littlest daughter watched it every time it played. It was so cute. I gave that copy to my dad and told him it was his to keep and would play in his DVD player. He was busy talking to the guests (as it should be) and wasn't able to view it.


I bought them a guest book, pen and 50th anniversary photo album which I will fill with pictures and then give to them.


For the gift from their children, we are sending them to Nauvoo, Illinois for a week. Our family is LDS and they want to visit sites there that are important for our religions history. My mom especially wants to go through the temple.

Congratulations Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Tina said...

I am happy you got through with the party... sounds like everyone was enjoying themselves. Kudos!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Cool blog! I would love to go to see the new Nauvoo temple!!